The USTA Officials Department oversees the certification and assignments of officials at all levels of tennis in the United States, from grassroots to professional events. This ongoing program for the recruitment and training of new officials offers an opportunity for tennis enthusiasts to become involved in a variety of officiating roles, ranging from overseeing local junior/senior tournaments and collegiate events, to officiating on court at the US Open.
Officiating opportunities span from the local level all the way up to the U.S. Open!
The USTA offers training to newcomers!
This is a great way to get more involved in the game!
Next available training class on July 18, 2015! Scroll down for more details!
GUIDLINES FOR WORK OPPORTUNITIES AS AN OFFICIAL:
• Become certified by attending a class conducted by a National USTA Trainer and passing an open book test.
• Review the "Tournament Schedule" at www.hawaii.usta.com, scroll to "Tournaments" and then "Home"
• For District work opportunities please contact the District representatives at :
Maui: Jane Sakakihara | email@example.com | 808-871-9165
West Hawaii: Michael Possman | firstname.lastname@example.org | 808-896-8282
Oahu: Myrah Kim | email@example.com | 808-291-1883
• For Section work opportunities please contact the Official’s Committee Co-Chairs
Susan Welton | firstname.lastname@example.org | 808-936-3743
Stef Higa | email@example.com | 808-291-1762
• Please apply for work via email or telephone and your application will be reviewed by the appropriate District or Sectional representative.
Click here for more information on:
-USTA Officials Code of Conduct
-Chair Umpire Handbook
Training/Education Information and Schedule and more
Click here for Ball Persons Training Manual
New Officials Contact: Stefanie Higa | firstname.lastname@example.org | 808-291-1762
Returning officials sign-up on NUCULA
Next available class:
USTA Official's Class
Saturday, July 18, 2015
Place: TBD (on Oahu)
Time: 7:30am - 4:30pm
If interested, contact Stefanie Higa (contact information below)
For more information please contact the Official’s Committee Co-Chairs:
Susan Welton | email@example.com | (808) 936-3743
Stefanie Higa | firstname.lastname@example.org | (808) 291-1762