The 2017 Legends League is a new, exciting pilot league for players 70 years of age or older!
- The NTRP levels of play are men's and women's combined 6.5. 7.0, 7.5, and 8.0.
- The NTRP difference between doubles partners may not exceed 1.0, and the total NTRP rating cannot exceed level of team. For example, the possible combinations of a 7.0 team could be 3.5/3.5, 3.0/4.0, 3.5/3.0, 3.0/3.0. The rating difference between partners may not exceed 1.0.
- Players with expired ratings will not be allowed to self-rate at a lower level than their last valid NTRP rating. However, they will have the opportunity to file a self-rate appeal.
- Move-Up/Split Up will not apply to this league.
- A player playing exclusively in this league will not generate a year-end rating. Match data from this league will not be used toward year-end rating calculations.
- A team match consists of (2) doubles matches. The match format is: Best of two sets, regular scoring, set tiebreak (first to 7 by a margin of 2) at 6-all, with a match tiebreak (first to 10 by a margin of 2) in lieu of a third set. The switching of sides for service during any tiebreak shall follow the Coman Tiebreak Procedure.
- The minimum number of players on a team is 4, maximum 16 players.
- League fee is $20 per player.
- As this is a pilot program, there is no Sectional or National advancement.
Team Registration Deadline: May 17, 2017 at 6:00 pm HST. Online team creation allows captains to register and obtain a team number from TennisLink.
Non-playing captains and captains who choose not to use online team creation should email Sara Yoshinaga at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a team number.
Player Registration Deadline: June 30, 2017 at 6:00 pm HST.
Refund Deadline: June 30, 2017
The $3 TennisLink fee is non-refundable.
League Season: June 7 – August 16
Questions? Contact: Sara Yoshinaga email@example.com or (808) 585-9534
Contact the Coordinator if you are a player looking to join a team or a captain looking for players.