Seeking an intern for the USTA Hawaii Community Tennis Department.
Program will be an 8-10 week, paid summer program for an undergraduate college student currently enrolled in a 4 year accredited college/university.
Candidate must be multicultural (African American, Asian American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American).
Ideal for student seeking experience in community program development, public relations, special event planning and marketing.
Here are the professional skills that our intern will develop during their 8-week program:
- How to build partnerships with community organizations (i.e. schools, parks, youth organizations such as the YMCA)
- How to leverage pre and post event media to maximize relationships and exposure (could include Face Book , Instagram, Twitter and other social media)
- How to create a program schedule coordinating an optimal schedule that meets multiple needs.
- How to administer the back end of a registration system that serves year round programs to the community
- How to maintain a contact management system
- How to prepare presentations (parent or coach workshops) that might include guest speakers, ‘powerpoint’ or other video applications
- How to organize a finale event that includes schedule of activities and an awards recognition
What We Require:
- Background in Event Planning, Marketing, Communication, non-profit management or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will also train.
- Interest in nonprofit management and community development.
The intern will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on real projects that will help us grow.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of event planning and community program development.
If interested, please send your resume to Madeleine Dreith at email@example.com