The USTA Hawaii Pacific Section is searching for a new Director of Schools Tennis. Please see the job description below:
Date: March 1, 2017
Position Title: Director of Schools Tennis
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
Department: Schools Tennis
- Plan, organize, promote and direct all School Tennis Programs.
- Conduct Department of Education and other teacher training for all Oahu School Districts. Conduct Neighbor Island teacher training.
- Train, develop and supervise recreational tennis pros, clinicians and volunteers.
- Plan, implement and promote school tennis throughout the Section.
- Conduct school assemblies.
- Transition School Tennis participants into Junior Team Tennis.
- Recruit and train tennis pros and clinicians involved with Schools Tennis.
- Collect and track participants’ data for input into Sectional database and forward to the Director of Community Tennis.
- Establish and maintain key volunteer and professional contacts.
- Devise a tracking system for follow-up.
- Work and coordinate with the Districts.
- Coordinate with Director of Adult Tennis and Director of Junior Tennis to facilitate transition into Adult League Tennis and Junior Team Tennis.
- Coordinate and work closely with the Director of Community Tennis
- Assist with other section events and activities
Working Conditions: Indoors, air conditioned office for administrative work. Outdoors for tennis events.
Work Hours: Minimum 40 hours a week, including some evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
Equipment Use: 10 key calculator, computer applications to include Microsoft Office. Also, use of copy, FAX and postage meter.
Mental and Physical Demands: Requires frequent sitting and standing and ability to lift 25 pounds. Ability to travel to neighbor Islands and Mainland several times a year. Maintain physical ability to conduct “on-court” tennis clinics.
Communication Demands: Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Skills/Knowledge: Knowledge of tennis. Tennis playing experience preferred. Three to five years of tennis coaching or teaching experience preferred. USPTA and/or USPTR certification preferred.
Education/Experience: College Degree required. Experience as a public or private school teacher is preferred.
If interested in the position, please email Executive Director, Ron Romano at email@example.com and attach your resume and letter of interest.